Welcome to the 2018-2019 school year. In order to be successful East needs the support and involvement of families, faculty, staff, and the community. Please show your support by becoming a member of the East Elementary PTA.
East PTA believes that every idea is valuable and every voice matters. We look forward to meeting you and working with you. Please join us at one of our meetings which take place the first Wednesday of each month at 3:15pm in the Faculty Room. Hope to see you there!
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PTA Executive Committee Members
- President: Tanya Fielding
- President Elect:
- Treasurer: Amanda Hanson
- Legislative VP: Maria Brady
- Yearbook VP: Jared Van Meter
- Teacher Representative VP: Mr. Quarnberg
- Principal Administrative VP: Mr. Moyle
PTA Board Members
- Community Involvement Commissioner:
- Education Commissioner:
- Engaging Minority Leaders Commissioner:
- Family Life Commissioner:
- Health & Safety Commissioner:
- Fun Run Chair: Tonisa Hunt
- Reflections Chair: Susie Knudsen
- Teacher & Staff Appreciation Chair: Michelle Hampton
Want to be a Board member or are curious about PTA elections? Click HERE to learn more.
Email us anytime at email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
- Be a powerful voice for all children
- Be a relevant resource for families and communities
- Be a strong advocate for the education and well-being of every child
Why should I join PTA?
- Be in the Know. PTA helps you keep up with what is happening in your school and how you can support your child’s education.
- Build Relationships. PTA connects you to other families through meetings, events, and communications, and helps build a sense of community.
- Support a great cause. By volunteering to be a room parent, committee member or PTA volunteer you will have the opportunity to use and expand your skills and talents to benefit children and the school. Whether you have a little time or a lot, your help is always welcome.
- Speak up. Because PTA is a forum for exchanging ideas, we can help you effectively suggest change in your child’s school.
- Help your child succeed. PTA fosters parent involvement. Parent involvement has been proven by decades of research to be the greatest predictor of student success.
- Be a role model. The most important reason to join the PTA is the impact you will make in your child’s life and educational experience!
How do I join?
Our annual dues are $6 and joining is easy and open to anyone. You can sign-up online, click HERE to get started; or you may send in your dues in an envelope and turn it in to your child’s teacher. Once you join there are some great perks too. Click HERE to see the full list of businesses that offer valuable benefits exclusively for PTA members.
How is the money used?
PTA dues at East are distributed as follows:
What does the National PTA, the Utah State PTA, and the East PTA do?
National PTA provides training and resources for state, council and school board members. The National PTA provides up-to-date information and resources for parents, teachers and students, as well as legislative updates.
The Utah Congress of Parents and Teachers lobbies on behalf of children concerning a variety of issues. Strong support of legislation to improve the safety and health of Utah’s children are a top priority.
At East Elementary, the PTA provides support by organizing volunteers for classroom and school projects, planning family and community events, and raising money to provide classroom grants, field trip grants, and support extra curricular activities.
To see a list of the programs supported by our PTA click HERE.
Interested in volunteering or helping out in other ways at East?