Here is a brief outline of what the positions include. Don’t let the official wording give you the wrong idea. All PTA members shall have a wonderful and fulfilling experience helping our school and our students succeed! And we shall have a fun time doing it!
The president-elect shall:
- Work under and in cooperation with the president and fulfill such other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors or the president;
- As appropriate, as president-in-training, attend meetings with the president; including council meetings;
- In the absence of the president or his inability to act, perform the duties and exercise the powers of the president;
- If a council delegate is prescribed, serve as a delegate to the council voting body; and
- Automatically succeed to the office of president at the end of his term
The treasurer shall:
- Have custody of and be responsible for all funds of this council, counting all money with three (3) people present and depositing all money in the bank the same day received;
- Collect and keep a full and accurate account of receipts and expenditures of all moneys of this council;
- Develop, with the executive committee, an annual budget to be distributed to and approved by the voting body of this council at the first council meeting (prior to October 1) of the school year;
- Make disbursements as authorized by the president, executive committee, or this council, in accordance with the budget adopted by this council;
- Co-sign all checks with the president, president-elect, or secretary (No two officers who are related by blood or marriage or reside in the same household may be signers on the checking account.);
- Present a financial statement at each meeting of this council and at other times when requested by the executive committee;
- Make a financial report at the annual meeting and submit a full written financial report to the incoming executive committee no later than June 30;
- Be responsible for the maintenance of such books of account and records as conform to the requirements of Article IV, Section 9 of these bylaws; and
- Submit the books annually no later than June 30 and upon the change of officer for a reconciliation by an auditor or an Annual Financial Reconciliation (AFR) committee.
The secretary shall:
- Record the minutes of all meetings of this council, its Board of Directors, and its executive committee, including the motions and actions taken;
- Have and bring to all meetings a current copy of these bylaws;
- Maintain an accurate and current roster of the names of the local PTAs/PTSAs in council membership, the names and addresses of local PTA/PTSA officers and delegates, and the names and addresses of the members of the council Board of Directors;
- Conduct correspondence; and
- Perform such other duties as may be provided for in these bylaws, prescribed by the parliamentary authority, or directed by the president, the Board of Directors, or the executive committee.
UTAH PTA WEBSITE: http://www.utahpta.org/