Cedar City Lion’s Club & SUU Rotaract Club Present the 16th Annual Mountain Eye Institute: Kite Flight & Community Health Fair
April 25, 2020 | 10am – 3pm | CMS
We welcome all Pre-school to 6th grade to participate in reading, keeping track of your reading and bringing your completed charts to the Kite Flight and Health Fair on April 25 at the CMS lawn.
***Calendars need to be filled out from January 26 – April 25***
Our Core Values: (Our Mission) 1. Support childhood reading and literacy. 2. Strengthen schools and teachers by fundraising together. 3. Promote health as total well-being for all members of our community.
Activities & Highlights:
- Reading charts earn dollars for your school and get you a prize when completed and turned in!
- Health Fair, Feria de Salud with free health & vision screenings from local clinics and other health resource information clinics in English & Spanish!
- Kite Competition create a kite that shows your school spirit! (Details below)
- Zumba & Fitness demos free for everyone to have fun & get moving!
Prizes, Awards, and Results!
- Each child who completes & submits their reading chart gets to choose a prize (while supplies last).
- This event will bring in more than $13,000 ALL of which gets donated to the local PTA/PTOs based on student participation rates.
- The ONE class with the highest participation from each school gets a Pizza Party from Pizza Hut!
- In-school drawings for other prizes from our amazing local sponsors (all students who participate will be entered in the raffle).
- Kite Flying competition! Make your own kite at home, or fly any kite you want, on the day of the fair, 4/25. Judging for the top kite flying will begin at 1pm, awards given in 3 categories. All kids are eligible to participate & win!
IT’S GREAT TO BE A LION • Our Motto: WE SERVE To learn more about joining Lions or volunteering for this event contact our Club President Mark Nelson 435463-5501 or MrNelson7349@gmail.com.
Rotaract Service Club of SUU Contact Club President Christer Mercado 806-626-5304 or Faculty Advisor Dr. Liz Olson email@example.com.